- Featured as a "Showstopper" in Juxtapoz magazine
Andrew Spear needs immediate gratification. Such is the artist's defense for his beloved use of color pencils. "I can't wait for paint to dry," he has previously stated. "It drives me nuts."
Ambidextrous in process, Spear's image distortion is a result of drawing primarily with his left hand despite being a natural righty, while he jumps with ease back to his dominant side for coloring purposes. For Andrew Spear, simple tools grant him a refined love for a medium he'll tell you, sadly, too many artists have fundamentally forgotten.
— Erin Dyer Juxtapoz Magazine
Andrew Spear Showstopper in Juxtapoz Magazine - View full size PDF
- Spear's solo show was named one of the Top Art Shows of 2009 by the Orlando Weekly
- Photos of Spear's studio featured on Early Grave's blog
- A video of the mural Spear created for The Peacock Room featured on the Juxtapoz blog
- A video of the mural Spear and Dolla created during the Surf Expo featured on the Juxtapoz blog
- Photos of the closing reception featured on the Slice art blog
- Tip of the Spear, Write up of Spear's solo show featured in the Orlando Weekly
- Video recap of Spear's art show featured on the Juxtapoz blog
- Write ups of Spear's solo show featured on: The Daily City blog LouiseLand blog Lipstick Mixtapes Covert Skate Shop's blog
- Preview of Spear's art show featured on Orlando Weekly's Culture 2 Go Blog
- Interview with Andrew Spear featured on Smile For Camera